DTMF payment solution for the contact centre using Syntec’s CardEasy payment solution
Using Syntec’s patented CardEasy managed service, your customers enter their card numbers using the touchtone keypad (DTMF) of their own phone, mid-call with the contact centre agent or using customer self-service autopay (IVR).
This descopes your call centre and call recordings from PCI DSS, reducing the risk and costs associated with managing card payments in your contact centre, whilst improving customer trust, call handling times and lost transaction rates.
Watch our demo to see how CardEasy works.
CardEasy enables you to comply fully with PCI DSS as follows:
– Your agents will not be exposed to callers’ sensitive card numbers
– Card numbers will not be stored in your call recordings or captured in screen recordings
– As the sensitive card numbers do not enter your contact centre or network, this de-scopes this environment almost completely from PCI DSS regulations and audit requirements
– Your agents can talk to the caller throughout to control the call and transaction.
– CardEasy also offers a customer self-service autopay option (IVR) for when no agent assistance is required, such as balances payable, utility bills, charity donations and subscriptions.
Note that ‘pause and resume’ solutions for call recording – which cut the call recording at the point at which the agent asks for the card details – will still leave the agent exposed to them and so the contact centre environment and agents still remain in scope of the PCI regulations and open to fraud.
How does CardEasy work?
– A caller wishes to pay by card over the phone
– The contact centre agent initiates a request for card authorisation in mid-conversation with the caller
– The caller is prompted to enter their card number via their telephone keypad (DTMF/ dual tone multi frequency touchtones)
– Audio from the agent to the caller remains open throughout
– Audio from the caller to the agent is cut briefly while they enter the middle six digits of their long card number (PAN) and CV2 on their phone keypad, to ensure that the agent (and call recording) cannot be exposed to the card numbers even if the caller reads out the numbers whilst entering them
– The complete call can be recorded but the sensitive DTMF tones are masked from the recording as well
– The agent is alerted via their screen when payment has been authorised
– Tokenisation, card scheme surcharging, BIN look-up, recurring & multiple payments and multiple currencies are all supported.
For additional information on Syntec visit their Website or view their Company Profile